Mon Dec 3, 2007: Starwood Hotels & Resorts announces it now offers meeting planners around the world a one-stop resource: www.starwoodmeetings.com to better serve their needs.
Mon Dec 3, 2007: Starwood Hotels & Resorts announces it now offers meeting planners around the world a one-stop resource: www.starwoodmeetings.com to better serve their needs. The newly revamped site is one of the most robust meetings related websites in the industry, and offers meeting planners a variety of attractive offers, rewards and recognition and comprehensive search options, making it an easy resource for organizing meetings of any scale.
"We are delighted to offer meeting planners across the world this fabulous site that offers all the information and resources anyone will need to organize a successful meeting. Starwoodmeetings.com further illustrates the importance we place on making it easy for our customers to do business with us," commented Oliver Bonke, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Asia Pacific.
"We continue to be impressed with Starwood´s innovation and leadership in the M.I.C.E. market. Starwoodmeetings.com is an excellent example of where Starwood has listened to its customers and delivered a product that is truly a great tool," added Bob Guy, Managing Director of Pacific World.
- Comprehensive search options ( by location, meeting space and number of guestrooms needed, capacity ) and tips for planning a successful meeting
- Access to Starwood Preferred Planner, the industry leading meeting planner loyalty program. As a member of Starwood Preferred Planner, members will be enrolled in Starwood Preferred Guest, and can earn Starpoints for events held at eligible hotels and use the points to redeem for free hotel stays (no blackout dates on Free Night Awards!) and room upgrades at 820+ worldwide locations; gift certificates for educational books, etc; credit on the next event´s master bill through Starwood´s Instant Meeting Awards(SM) program, etc.
- Special Offers -- A variety of offers available at Starwood properties around the world, under the brands of Westin, Sheraton, St. Regis, Luxury Collection, W, Le Meridien and Four Points by Sheraton.
- Online RFP -- Meeting planners can submit an online request for proposals from hotels, outlining their requirements and preferences.
- Destination information -- The site offers guests destination guides of various cities globally, providing guests with helpful hints and tips on specific destinations and which are relevant to meeting planning.
"Starwood also understands that companies do not want a cookie-cutter event. Starwood´s portfolio of brands offer seven unique meeting styles - giving guests over 850 hotel choices across more than 95 countries. Each Starwood hotel brand has its own distinct personality and approach to meeting and event hosting. Meeting planners can choose the style to match their requirements," said Bonke.