Despite unprecedented challenges, French hotel chain Accor plans to expand its portfolio in 2021 with a series of new hotel openings throughout this year.
The hotel group said it has "sound financial capacity, worldwide reach, and unrivalled portfolio of brands" to stay in a solid position.
Accor plans to make more investments in the lifestyle category, which currently accounts for roughly 5% of the group's annual revenue, and represents 25% of the company's development pipeline by value.
For the Greater China region, Accor plans to open five major hotels in Sanya, Hangzhou, Hong Kong, Chengdu and Pinghu:
* Fairmont Sanya Haitang Bay – The first flagship Fairmont Resort in Greater China featuring the world's first sea water canal running through a hotel
* Sofitel Hangzhou Yingguan – Located next to Xianghu Lake among China's City of Lakes and near the popular Songcheng Theme Park
* The Silveri Hong Kong - MGallery – The brand's first hotel in Hong Kong is a stylish manor set in the tranquil greenery of Lantau Island
* Ocean Spring Resort Chengdu - MGallery – Boutique experience surrounded by the idyllic landscapes of Chengdu International Triathlon Park
* Pullman Jiaxing Pinghu Excellence – Welcoming hotel for business guests, families and pets, located near Ming Lake and Jiulongshan National Forest Park